Friday 24 January 2014

Photographing nature - a beginners perspective

Hi to all those who are interested in the world of nature, art and digital photography.  I am new to anything other than a basic camera, so having just upgraded I am discovering a whole new world.  I am finding close-ups of flowers and birds flying are my current favourite aspirations - still working out all the dials but getting there.  I'll start by posting a photo of a ginger lily stalk growing outside my door - it has a dew drop still on it, which I didn't see until I downloaded to the PC.  It is about three inches tall.
dew drop on ginger lily unfurling leaf, 7.30 am©Christine Linton
Technical details:  Aperture Priority, F2.8, shutter speed 1/320, ISO 400, white balance - daylight, focus: auto, 1 area.

This thriving patch of ginger lily is only just over a year old, and the first flower bud is in the process of opening.  I am photographing it daily so I can try a time-lapse progression when it is fully open.

No comments:

Post a Comment